Thursday 31 January 2013

Oat, Coconut and Raisin Flapjacks.

Follow me on bloglovin' and hello cotton to find out when I post new recipes!
I'm still amazed by how delicious these flapjacks are in comparison to how quick they were to make. They're sweet, chewy and would be perfect for snacks or dessert. I also think they're healthier than cakes which is an added bonus!

Ingredients:

200g butter
200g brown sugar
2 tbsp golden syrup
275g porridge oats
200g desiccated coconut
75g raisins (you could use other dried fruits such as sultanas, dates, prunes or glacé cherries)

Method:

1. Preheat oven to 160°C.
2. Put butter, sugar and syrup in a pan and heat until just melted.
3. Turn off the heat and stir in the remaining ingredients thoroughly.
4. Spoon mixture into a rectangular baking tin and flatten with a spatula.
5. Bake for 30 minutes.
6. Leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes.
7. Turn out of the tin onto a chopping board and slice up into desire shapes and sizes (I made around 20 rectangles).
 Enjoy!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Recipe did not work for me, taste good but very crumbly, can't be cut.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by Suck my Lolly