Friday 18 April 2014

Mini Egg Easter Cupcakes.

It's a well known fact that I love making cupcakes that are themed, even more so when they are based upon the time of year. Before, I have ventured to Christmas cupcakes and Easter cupcakes several times so it's no surprise that I'm back again with a new bunch.

A few months ago I purchased the Wilton 2D piping nozzle from Lakeland after it was recommended to me by my aunt and people on my cupcake decorating courses and I must say it is well worth the money. That combined with my favourite piping bags from Waitrose makes it so easy to produce great looking cupcakes. On this occasion I decided to make two-tone icing. It was a first attempt so I definitely know how to improve next time.

I simply used a small brush with some of Sugarflair's melon colouring paste on and painted inside the piping bag and piped from the outside inwards onto the cupcakes (based on this video). Then to each cupcake I added three mini eggs and sprayed with my holy grail pearl lustre spray!


I was so pleased with how they turned out and I actually gave these to my friends in little Easter cupcake boxes. I've found that Home Bargains and B&M home store are so great for cupcake boxes so it's definitely worth having a look!

Enjoy!
Cakesfordorothy xoxo

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fantabulous post this has been. Never seen this kind of useful post. I am grateful to you and expect more number of posts like these. Thank you very much. bakery surprise az

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by Suck my Lolly